We are looking for a skilled and capable Team Lead Software Engineer to join our team! This is a chance to apply your technical and leadership skills to shape up early-stage tech businesses by launching digital products to the market. You will be responsible for your team with support of other senior technology and business peers, accessing the best minds of the start-up scene in the North to build exciting new tech products and companies.
You’ll gain exposure to the full lifecycle of the start-up world – developing ideas, building MVPs, understanding finance and exit strategies etc. – whilst having the opportunity to present at meetups, and conferences, build a personal profile, and develop your career as the company grows. This is an exciting chance to work on a variety of technologies and products and learn from the best.
If you’re currently in a mid-level engineer position, this role can be your stepping stone to senior engineering and team leadership. With the right attitude and ambition we encourage you to apply and talk to us!
As a Team Lead Software Engineer, you will:
- Be responsible for all aspects of your projects across the full lifecycle, including:
- Scoping project MVP
- Technology selection and architecture design
- Organise and manage your team’s activities in a Lean/Agile manner
- Engineering processes, quality and testing
- Work as part of the team, sharing and reviewing ideas, mentoring and guiding junior team members through technology architecture and implementation details
- Be a hands-on technologist spending the a lot of of your time in code
- Keep up to date with the evolving industry, embracing new languages and frameworks, containers and cloud, and not be afraid to dig deep and learn new things all the time
- Have an inquisitive and curious mind, often exploring the inner workings of the tools and libraries you use to understand how they work
The key skills and qualities of a Team Lead Software Engineer:
- Demonstrable understanding of best practices in software engineering
- Ability to lead and mentor a development team focused on quality and speed
- Good communication skills demonstrating the process and progress to the customer, as well as internal team communication
- Familiarity with Linux environment
- Enjoy participating in the full lifecycle of the software product: from idea and design, via implementation and user interface, to operational considerations
- Be able to write clean code, take pride in your work and value simplicity, testing and productivity as part of your daily routine, always putting user experience first
Company and Benefits
At thestartupfactory.tech, we’re a team of grounded folk who love working with tech start-ups to turn their founders’ ideas into real products on the market, incorporating tech innovation and customer-centred thinking into everything we do. Our ambition is to put Manchester on the map as the Silicon Valley of the North!
We work with entrepreneurs, early stage start-ups and investors to help articulate, define and realise their vision. We work on a partial sweat equity model to help you get to the next stage of the start-up journey including Proof-of-Concept (PoC) and Minimum Viable Product (MVP) builds, participating in the startup growth and success
- Competitive salary + contributory pension
- 26 days’ holiday plus public holidays and summer working hours
- Every Friday dedicated to R&D and personal learning
- 4-day week during summer, so we can all find the right life/work balance
- High-spec MacBook laptop on arrival, and a cool office in the city centre
- Profit-sharing- the whole company participates in our startups’ success
- Flexible remote working practices (not fully remote)
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org