PLYTIME Learning is a ground-breaking EdTech start up launched in October 2021. We’re based in the North West and our aim is to provide a more effective and affordable learning solution that works for tutors, parents and students. We want to change the future of learning. We are friendly, progressive and passionate about helping people to be their best. Right now, we are small but we have big plans for the future. To help us achieve that we’re looking for an exceptional individual who wants the challenge of getting in at the start of something that will make a real difference to people’s lives. As the company grows, the longer-term opportunities for the right candidate are excellent.
We are seeking an enthusiastic developer with 5+ years leading development projects. As the first member of our tech team, you have a unique opportunity to shape its future and carve out a fantastic career. You will lead the development of the platform so that it meets the needs of our users and find elegant solutions to complex technical problems. You will be responsible for maintaining and improving the PLYTIME Learning platform in line with the Technical Development Plan. You will evaluate the best technical set up for our future and help to improve our build processes to make deployment and iteration easier and faster.
You will work directly with the founders and will carry a good degree of autonomy and flexibility. You will also receive considerable support and mentoring / hand-over from our technical partner, thestartupfactory.tech and will also have the opportunity to work in their central Manchester office. The position will also involve working from home so the ability to work remotely and maintain good communication with the rest of the team is essential. In-person team meetings are likely to be in the South Manchester/Cheshire area.
The role is a full-time contract working 37.5 hours per week, generally between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Hours can be flexible provided they fit in with the team or in the event that issues arise that require immediate attention. The ideal candidate for the role is a self-motivated, good communicator who is above all trustworthy, resourceful and proactive. The team is agile, focused and passionate about what we want to achieve, and we’re always open to fresh ideas and perspectives to help us get there. Changing the future of learning is a huge challenge and this is an outstanding opportunity for you to make a genuine difference and reap the rewards from joining us at the start of our journey.
– Full stack engineer
– React JS
– Node JS Express server
– Experience with non-relational databases, ideally MongoDB
– Experience with Docker and AWS Serverless tech (ideally)
Main Responsibilities include:
– Maintaining the platform and resolving issues as they arise
– Participation in the development and maintenance of the Technical Development Plan
– Delivery of Technical Development Plan to agreed timescales and standards
– Manage post-testing feedback and development revisions
– Proactively search for and suggest new features to enhance the product
– Build the technical team
– Create software that is used daily by thousands of users
– Stay up to date with new technologies and trends
– Ambitious with the desire to make a difference and grow with us
– Belief in our mission to provide a more effective and affordable learning solution so that it’s available to everyone regardless of age, ability or background – we want to encourage all our students to achieve their potential and “be their best” and this is the same for our team
– Personable with a good sense of humour. As a small team it’s vitally important that we all get along and can work well together.
– Confident but humble. You will have belief in your ideas and the determination to succeed but have the humility to learn, ask for support and work as part of a team.
– Autonomy & accountability. You will take accountability for your actions and results and set your own agenda and work schedule
– Flexible. You will recognise that the start-up journey is seldom smooth, and the needs of the business will continually change and adapt
– Working space at home. You will need somewhere you can work at home with good wi-fi capability
– Salary up to £45k
– Company pension
– 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays per year
– Your choice of appropriate laptop
– Flexible working schedule
– Opportunity to work from home or in a central Manchester office
– Opportunity to participate in share option scheme
– Amazing opportunities for career progression
– The chance to be part of something special – a product you can be extremely proud of
– Free access to the platform for your children (if you have any)
Please send your up to date CV with a short covering letter about why you’re interested in this opportunity to email@example.com. If you don’t think you’re quite qualified but like what we’re trying to do, then get in touch anyway!
We’ll be building a team and will be taking on more people in the near future. You must be eligible to live and work in the UK and be able to perform the work specified.
– We start with a 15 minute video call where we chat about the role, the company and what you’re looking for next.
– We’ll then schedule a technical interview with our tech partners tsf.tech to get a sense for your coding and collaboration skills.
– Next we’ll invite you to a final stage in-person interview (hopefully) and chat some more so that you can really find out what we’re about and we can determine whether you’ll be a good fit for the team